We founded Minor Figures in 2014. Minor Figures has great products, a strong identity, a passionate and talented team, a small but significant market share, global distribution and omni-channel presence. We now have the opportunity to scale-up and become a company touching millions of lives. We’re continuing to learn, grow, and extend our product range, with a focus on innovation and sustainability.
A member of the North America Management Team, the Director of Marketing, is responsible for developing and managing Marketing and Communications in the United States and our export markets. This role is responsible for driving sales through trade marketing, brand awareness and engagement, consumer loyalty, brand experience, key partnerships, insight and analysis. You will have worked in a dynamic CPG growth brand. The ideal candidate will have a strong business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. Their ultimate goal is to maximize Minor Figures’ unique position in the market with creative ideas and solid execution that drives demand for our products, whilst maintaining the brand’s human factor.
Reporting to: General Manager NA
Direct Reports: Marketing Coordinator Retail Grocery, Marketing Coordinator Food Service
Location: Los Angeles, Flexible
- Contribute to the development and leadership of the NA business as a member of the Management Team, helping to shape and implement the business strategy.
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reports, inspiring and coaching for performance.
- Contribute positively to company culture.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop the Minor Figures brand, marketing and communications strategy to support the overall business strategy, creating the most exciting F&B brand in NA and supporting the achievement of our sales objectives.
- Constantly reappraise our marketing tools to ensure we stay relevant and have a competitive advantage.
- Track and evaluate marketing activity against agreed targets, including impact, conversions and sales.
- Effectively manage the NA Marketing plan, activity calendar and budget.
- Deliver the marketing strategy including, but not limited to, running key campaigns, experiential marketing, trade shows, digital marketing, sampling teams, merchandise plans, brand collaborations and PR targeted at our core customer.
- Develop, design and project manage Minor Figures’ experiential events and trade shows
- Develop high impact media strategy and creative that builds awareness and love of our brand amongst the target market
- Work to position Minor Figures at the heart of the coffee community.
- Develop and nurture key partnerships with like-minded organizations to promote the Minor Figures brand, enhancing the brand experience and engaging new consumers in innovative ways.
- Act as Minor Figures brand guardian, ensuring the brand and tone of voice is protected, consistently applied, undiluted and untainted. Represent Minor Figures where appropriate as a spokesperson and ambassador.
E-commerce and Online marketing
- Plan and execute Minor Figures online presence in North America, including social media and e-commerce to build brand awareness and love of the MF brand.
- Work with the E-commerce Manager to aggressively grow sales within the e-commerce channel.
- Create theatre in store with impactful in-store marketing displays and materials that grab shopper’s attention and drive demand.
- Work closely with the sales team on product launches, developing and executing impactful and exciting launch campaigns
Insights and analysis
- Track and analyze consumer and category data, spotting trends to guide
- strategy. Use insights to shape marketing strategy
- Work closely with the Sales Team, providing category management data and insight. Provide materials and analysis to support the Sales Team, attending meetings with key customers where appropriate.
- Working with team and partners abroad
- Provide marketing support for overseas distributors.
- Maintain regular communication with our Teams in London and AU, to ensure consistency in positioning of the brand in NA
- Work with a London based creative team to develop marketing ideas and materials
- Experience working with a high-growth, dynamic brand or exceptionally creative agency, specifically in CPG and ideally the food space.
- Retail/Grocery marketing experience preferred.
- Experience in effective end to end new product launches
- Progressive - always looking to improve and excel. Applying consistency and detailed execution, as well as innovative techniques and brand-building routes to market. Results driven.
- Collaborative - developing and nurturing key internal and external partnerships to engage consumers in creative ways.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Adaptable - able to see the big picture but with a pragmatic and flexible approach to delivery (small business practicality).
- Passionate about innovation, sustainability, and the Minor Figures brand.
- Confident and persuasive when presenting.
- Intelligent – able to blend creativity and magic with data and insights for powerful results, acting upon multiple sources of data to shape strategy.
- Curious - always asking questions, to better understand and engage our consumers.
ROI for marketing campaigns
Conversion, Retention and loyalty